How to Add FDM Extension in Chrome, Firefox
Free Download Manager (FDM) is a versatile download manager that is available for Windows, Mac, and Android. The best part is that FDM is entirely free to use, making it a fantastic alternative to other download managers like IDM.
However, if you're using FDM to handle your downloads but haven't yet added the FDM extension to your browser, don't worry.
In this post, we'll guide you through the process of integrating the FDM extension into popular Windows browsers.
How to Install FDM Extension in a Browser
Adding FDM to your browser is a straightforward process. You just need to install the FDM extension from your browser's extension store.
To make things even easier, we've provided direct links to the extension pages for different browsers. Follow these steps to integrate FDM with your browser:
For Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Opera, Brave
- Visit the Chrome Web Store link for FDM extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/free-download-manager/ahmpjcflkgiildlgicmcieglgoilbfdp
- Once you've opened the extension link in your browser, you'll see an "Install" or "Add to Chrome, Opera, Brave, ..." button. Click on it.
- Confirm the installation by clicking "Add extension" when prompted.
- You can find the FDM extension on the Firefox Add-On page: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/free-download-manager-addon/
- Click on "Add to Firefox" to initiate the installation.
- Confirm the installation when prompted.
That's it! The FDM extension is now successfully added to your browser. If you wish to use the FDM extension in private windows, you can enable the "Allow in Incognito Mode" option in the FDM extension settings, accessible from the browser's extension page.
1. What is Free Download Manager (FDM)?
FDM is a free, versatile download manager that allows you to efficiently download files and manage your downloads.
2. How does FDM compare to Internet Download Manager (IDM)?
FDM is a free alternative to IDM, offering similar features and functionality.
3. Is FDM compatible with Windows, Mac, and Android?
Yes, FDM is available for Windows, Mac, and Android.
4. Does FDM support browser integration for popular browsers?
Yes, FDM offers browser extensions for Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Opera, and Brave.
5. Can I download videos from online platforms using FDM?
Yes, FDM includes a video downloader feature that supports various video platforms.
6. How can I schedule downloads with FDM?
FDM allows you to schedule downloads at specific times or during off-peak hours.
7. Is FDM safe to use for downloading files from the internet?
FDM is known for its reliability and security. It scans downloads for malware and is generally safe to use.
8. Can I pause and resume downloads with FDM?
Yes, FDM provides the ability to pause and resume downloads, making it convenient for users with unstable internet connections.